When you look for best closed back headphones, you no need to buy an expensive one. Professionals and other listeners spend a lot of money to buy best closed back headphones.
On the other hand, when to shop for headphone, automatically we look price tag, and this is a most general consideration too.
But the fact is, you can able to buy best closed back headphone at an affordable price. There are hundreds of closed back headphones available in the market. Thus, to choose the best one, you need to put some more efforts.
Moreover, the closed back headphones are one of the best headphone options for listeners, because it offers more valuable features like sound quality, comfortable, durability and other added features.
In addition to that, a pair of right closed back headphone provides controlled sound leakage. Among plenty of closed back headphones, it is somewhat hard to find the best one that comes within your budget right!!
No worries, here, I’m, going to share you…
- 1 The Top 3 Best Closed Back Headphones on Today’s Market:
- 2 Wrapping Up:
The Top 3 Best Closed Back Headphones on Today’s Market:
- This headphone features accurate and linear sound reproduction with the help of 32 dB.
- For critical monitoring applications, it includes ambient noise attenuation.
- It is made of user replaceable parts so that you can change faulty parts by yourself.
- You can use this headphone with MP3, iPod, DVD, and CD players.
It packs Coiled cable (min1m/max 3m) has Contact pressure: 6 N, Ear coupling: Around-the-ear, Jack plug: 3.5 / 6.3 mm stereo and 1/4″ stereo plug adapter
It delivers Frequency response (headphones): 8 – 25,000 Hz and weighs 7.8 oz (220 g)
- Great sound isolation
- Deep head vibrating BASS
- Nice treble and mids are slightly recessed but sound OK
- lacks much of a soundstage
- Can get somewhat uncomfortable after a few hours
It is a Dynamic, closed headphone with 40.0 mm driver size and a frequency response of 10Hz – 20 kHz
It’s Power Handling Capacity is 1000mW along with a cord length of 9.8 feet.
- It uses a closed ear design, so it provides an outstanding reduction in external noise.
- It allows you to fold these headphones to save space and it is very easy to carry along with you while traveling.
- To feature an accurate monitoring, it is made with crystal-clear highs, present mids, and an extended low-end.
- Without removing headphone, you can work in a studio.
The Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone comes with Stereo UniMatch plug to use in both 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch applications, and a soft case for protective storage.
- Flat response
- long and non-replaceable coiled cord
- It is designed with fold-flat, so it is very easy to fold and carry for travel.
- A shape of this headphone easily fits on all sizes of ear.
- It includes an individual airline adapter to connect with in-airline music system.
“If you want to hear music without distracting background noise and with lightweight and compact headphones, then Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling Closed-Back Headphones is the best one.”
- Deep bass response
- No distortion at top volumes
- comfortable construction
- No remote
- Slightly overpriced
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro worked great for studio engineers and audiophiles. It produces an impressive clarity and acoustic accuracy. The bass response is tight and good for any genre of music from rock and classical to urban styles.
If you are gonna play it on your smartphone or tablet then use your headphone amp or else you won’t get the decent volumes.
It has a solid build quality and has durable listening reliability. It is comfortable enough because the earpads made from a wonderfully soft velour which makes it usable for longer hours.
It is best for those who are seeking true musical clarity, especially for audiophilic listeners.
- Produce accurate/flat sound reproduction.
- It has 3 m coiled cable with a gold plated 1/8″ plug and 1/4″ adapter.
- Proves to be the best headphone for mixing.
- It’s good for critical music and sound monitoring in an open environment.
- Very clear and crisp sound, you can hear the lowest and the highest frequency.
DT770 PRO is available in 3 options: 32 Ohms for consumer use, 80 Ohms for tracking in recording studios and this 250 Ohms version for mixing in recording studios.
Professional audio engineers and recording enthusiasts claimed that DT770 PRO 250 OHM is the best mixing headphones. Many buyers reviewed that there are very comfortable with no ear fatigue.
They give a flat frequency response with no enhanced mid range so you will hear your mix clearly and it’s light weight.
- Excellent for studio work
- Comfort is at top level
- Extremely durable
- Decent value
- Slightly laid back mids
- Cable is not detachable for longer lifespan
Focal Spirit Professional Headphone has a closed-back, circumaural design and gives transparent sound for use in recording studios, home studios, and broadcasting studios.
There are a remote-control button and a small microphone which allows you to use the headphone as a hands-free kit with a smartphone.
Some buyers said it has a stylish design and some said it’s a plain simple headphone, everyone has a different perspective.
Its memory foam padding gives maximum comfort and the headphone molds to your head, sealing up any open gaps which don’t let the noises disturb you while listening and others too.
If you are a mixing enthusiasts then this is an ideal choice for you. It is equipped with everything that a closed back headphone should have.
- Hands-free calls and remote-control functions for portable devices.
- large memory-foam ear cushions surround the whole ear to spread and minimize the amount of pressure felt by the user.
- Extremely comfortable for those long sessions.
- It delivers studio-monitor sound.
- Detailed sound reproduction without distortion.
Spirit Professional is portable and you can fold it and carry along with you anywhere you go.
The box packs a detachable 4m coiled cable, a straight detachable 1.4m cable with remote control and microphone and a carrying bag.
- Neutral Sound
- Fast and punchy bass
- Good detailing
- Good soundstage
- On-ear headphone rather than an over-ear headphone.
- Headband and Swivel Construction
Audio-Technica ATH-M40x proves to be an ideal pair of headphones for audio monitoring. They deliver an enhanced experience with the help of better sound isolation.
It houses matte black finish with silvery gray highlights for the Audio-Technica logo. it is somewhat big in size but design for giving good comfort for long sessions.
Coming to connectivity; this headphone do not have a Bluetooth connectivity, or even a mic and remote, they are just for listening purpose.
- M40x is perfect for DJ monitoring, professional sound mixing, studio tracking, gym and traveling uses.
- It is a sturdy pair of headphones.
- Delivers crisp highs with excellent detail, Midrange is clear and accurate and the bass is quite good.
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation.
it comes with two cables, one is standard straight cable and another one is a coiled cable.
It gives you a pleasure enjoyment when you listen to your music but also the person sitting next to you will get a little hint about what you are listening.
If you are looking for a pair of headphones just for listening purpose with a small budget then you should go for this one.These are excellent value for the price.
- Decent price
- Removable cable
- More detailed sound
- Tinny treble
- Earpads may be too small for larger ears
- No in-line mic/remote
They are specially designed for audio engineers and musicians. It houses carbon fiber and aluminum alloy and packs a pair of spare ear pads and a spare cable.
It also packs 2 detachable cables with a threaded 1/8″ gold-plated plug and 1/4″ adapter.
SRH1540 is one of the best headphones with an outstanding build quality, classy look and delivers exquisite sound and high comfort. Their super-soft pads cover your ears giving a comfortably enveloping and roomy inside.
- Comfortable to wear, gives an excellent bass response and exceptional clarity in sound.
- It’s lightweight, and rests on the head lightly, with most of its weight falling evenly near the cups.
- Passive sound isolation is good.
- It offers potent bass, sparkly treble and large soundstage which makes it best attributes for gaming.
It’s an amazing experience to use them for music listening and they are also well suited for mixing and mastering. 1540 headband splits into two thin headbands covered in leather and it has a strong built quality.
It might be expensive for some buyers but Robbie Stamp from Future Music said that “It is often the case that you can’t imagine better sound quality until you hear it, and the 1540s opened our ears to the possibilities”.
Well if money is not a big deal then this one is for you.
- Detailed balanced sound
- Outstanding bass
- Very comfortable
- High-quality components
- Average noise isolation
- Poorly recorded tracks