The aviation headsets are made to use in aircraft. While flying with on the aircraft’s, the air sound will be very high, and it will cause you irritate and can damage your ears. So people tend to use the aviation headsets which will allow them to avoid hearing outside noise as well as make you enjoy the music.
But the problem is if you are not choosing a right aviation headset it will not help you to get relief from the aircraft outside noise. Though aviation headsets are available in the market of different brands and this makes people confused to find the best for them.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
Selecting a perfect aviation headset is one of the most fundamental and most important decisions which an aviator has to take. It is up to the pilot priority, but there are some things to consider before selecting a right aviation headset.
If you decided to buy an aviation headset, then before that you need to get the right idea about the below things,
- On what type of aircraft you are going to use it such as smaller prop driver aircraft or larger powered aircraft,
- You are flying on the private flight or commercial flight,
- What type of noise cancellation you want like active noise cancellation or passive noise cancellation?
- What type of earbuds do you prefer to use such as earbuds, over the ears or in the ears?
- You want to cover only one ear or want to include both ears!
- Which brand of headphone you’ll like to have?
You need to ask all these questions yourself before buying aviation headsets. Another problem is some people do not understand the basic categories in the aviation headphones such as,
- Over the ear, on the ear, and in the ear headsets.
- One ear covered or both ears covered.
- Active noise reduction or passive noise reduction headsets.
Over the Ear:
If we use the ear headset, then it will restrict all the sound which comes from the aircraft. So it will cover your entire ear so that you will not hear any noise.
On the Ear:
This type of headset will be on the ear. It will not completely cover your ears. So it is simple but good look.
In the Ear:
These are available with cell phones. They can easily attach inside the ear.
One Ear Covered vs. Both Ear Covered:
This type of headset is either covering one ear or both the ears. So it will be good to cover your ear without/with hearing surrounding sound respectively.
Active Noise Cancellation vs. Passive Noise Cancellation:
Active noise cancellation is meant to give you only voice or speaking sound other than that you will not hear aircraft noise. On the other hand, passive noise cancellation gives you a sound and noise of the different process which you can listen to in the aircraft.
You can also refer professional tips on how to choose the best aviation headset for you having all the required features.